Welcome to the August 2020 edition of Baker McKenzie’s International Trade Compliance Update.
Here are the highlights:
- WTO: Covid-19 trade related matters, trade policy review (Japan), TBT (technical barriers to trade) notifications, DSB cases
- WCO: Illicit trade report 2019, news and events
- CITES: notifications
- FAS GAIN reports
- Canada: CUSMA implementation, Canada Gazette regulations and orders, D-memos and customs notices, AD/CVD cases, sanctions, advance rulings
- Mexico: Changes to foreign trade rules, T-MEC (USMCA) rules of origin, T-MEC procurement thresholds, Diario Oficial, AD/CVD cases
- United States: Presidential documents, Hong Kong sanctions, HTS updates for USMCA and other FTAs, USMCA labor provisions, trade distortion hearings, AGOA updates, sugar TRQs, USMCA rules of origin, drawback and uniform regulations, BIS sec. 232 Steel and aluminum reports released, sec. 301 France DST, China and EU large aircraft notices and exclusions, temporary travel restrictions, COBRA fee adjustments, user fee airports, quarterly interest rates, AD/CVD cases and EAPA investigations, withhold release orders and modifications, CBP rulings (modifications and revocations), CSMS messages, export controls, sanctions, foreign trade zones, CAATSA guidance, OFAC/BIS/State restrictive orders, CFIUS filing fees and definitions, FTC “Made in USA” rule, USDA, FTC, CPSC , HHS, FDA and CDC documents, Federal Register documents
- Argentina: Customs and other notices
- Brazil: CAMEX Resolutions, SECEX portarias, AD/CVD cases
- Australia: Duty rate reductions, Indonesia-Australia CEPA, COVID-19 duty rates, excise equivalent rates, AD/CVD cases, customs notices
- China: Draft export control law for comment, notices, AD/CVD cases
- India: CBIC tariff and non-tariff notifications, circulars and instructions, DGFT notices, AD/CVD, safeguards
- EU/EFTA: Restrictions on exports to Hong Kong, appointment of trade enforcement officer, compliance with aircraft dispute, trade policy consultation, tariff classification regulations, Official Journal documents, EFTA member state regulations and restrictive measures.
- United Kingdom: China embargo extended to Hong Kong, Huawei banned from future 5G, extraterritorial reach of US sanctions, resumption of military exports to Saudi Arabia, human rights sanctions, Australia and New Zealand FTA negotiating objectives, legislation including restrictive measures, HMRC updates and ECJU notices to exporters
- Turkey: Official gazette notices, communiques, unfair imports (AD/CVD)
- Ukraine: Tariff, terrorist sanctions, AD cases
- Algeria: supplemental finance law exemption from duties and VAT
- EAEU: Council and Board decisions on customs import and export matters, classification decisions
- Belarus: EEU treaty, agreement with Iran, FTAs with Singapore, Serbia
- Russia: Ukraine sanctions may be expanded, customs orders, FTA with Serbia
- South Africa: Rules amendments, tariff amendments
Plus our newsletters, list of Client Alerts and articles, Webinars.