Peerapan Tungsuwan is a partner at Baker & McKenzie’s Bangkok office. She is the Co-leader of the Japan Desk and a lead partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate & Commercial practice groups. She is also head of the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Industry Group in Bangkok. Peerapan is recognized as a Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A by Asia Pacific Legal500. www.bakermckenzie.com/peerapantungsuwan
Click here for a list of Peerapan Tungsuwan‘s posts on GlobalComplianceNews. Peerapan has extensive experience in regulatory and compliance matters. Peerapan’s recent representative clients, cases or matters include:
- Providing legal advice to a Japan-based manufacturer on anti-bribery, government tender, trade competition and other compliance issues, as well as providing advice on the client’s various compliance programs and internal control mechanisms;
- Advising a global healthcare company on FCPA- Anti Bribery issues related to an investigation on payments made to a government hospital welfare fund and their acceptability under Thai law;
- Advising multinational corporations and assisting them in in-house seminars with respect to compliance, anti-bribery legislation, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- Providing legal training to a leading distributor of medical supplies in relation to compliance matters, assisting in the review of the client’s compliance policies and procedures, as well as providing advice on anti-bribery and other compliance issues;
- Acting as lead partner in advising Schering-Plough Ltd on multiple phases of the amalgamation of its Human Health and Animal Health entities. Further to a merger in the US, Intervet (Thailand) Ltd. amalgamated with Schering-Plough Animal Health Lid. and Schering-Plough Ltd. amalgamated with Organon (Thailand) Ltd. in Thailand;
- Leading the multi-jurisdictional acquisition and advising Sonafi-Aventis on anti-trust/competition law in multiple jurisdictions in relation to a share acquisition transaction in Thailand; and
- Representing a US-based medical device company regarding a due diligence investigation as part of an acquisition transaction.
- Representing a number of Japan based medical devices and pharmaceutical companies in interviewing staff, reviewing the documents and due diligences on anti-bribery and anti-trust compliance matters as well as training their Thai operational and executive staff members.