Search for:


Back to Compliance Map

Criminal Offences Act 1924 (as amended) Enforcement agency: Director of Public Prosecutions, Crown Law Office.

Criminal Offences Act 1924 (as amended) Section 51, Criminal Offences Act – Bribery of Government Servant Offence to give or offer any money or valuable consideration of any description whatever to any person in the service of the Government as an inducement to do or abstain from doing any act in the execution of his duty as a Government Servant or as an inducement to show favor or disfavor to any person.

Criminal Offences Act 1924 (as amended) Section 51, Criminal Offences Act – Bribery of Government Servant In the case of individuals, a term of imprisonment of up to 3 years.

  • “Person” includes any body of persons corporate or unincorporated.
  • In the case of a Corporation for offence, a fine of up to $TOP30,000.00

Contacts at Baker & McKenzie
 Mathieu Hanaut Mathieu Hanaut Partner, Sydney + 61 2 8922 5791 [email protected]
[1] The information in this section is a summary only and does not constitute legal advice concerning the application or effect of the local laws of Tonga. This summary has been prepared by Baker & McKenzie in conjunction with information provided by Ralph Stephenson of Stephenson & Associates. [2] The Firm does not have an office in Tonga. However, Mathieu Hanaut, based in the Firm’s Sydney office, has developed a specific capability advising clients in the Pacific Islands region (including Tonga), for which the Firm has been awarded Band 1 in Chambers Asia Pacific 2015. In Tonga, Mathieu and his team work closely with their preferred local law firm to provide appropriate local knowledge to the clients and assist their business or projects. [3] This list is to be used as a guide only. It is intended to provide high level information regarding the primary laws in the specified countries in relation to ant-bribery and anti-corruption laws. Please refer to the relevant legislation for detailed information and to ensure that the information contained in this guide is up to date, and refer to the relevant Baker & McKenzie contact for the jurisdiction for specific advice.

Write A Comment