On 31 March 2020, the Minister of Law and Human Rights issued Regulation No. 11 of 2020 on Temporary Ban for Foreigners to Enter Indonesian Territory (Regulation 11).
The temporary ban will start at 00.00 Western Indonesia Time on 2 April 2020.
Regulation 11 does not specify the duration of the temporary ban. However, as Regulation 11 states that stay permit extension applications will resume after Covid-19 pandemic is declared over by the relevant authorities, presumably the temporary ban will also apply until Covid-19 pandemic is over.
The temporary ban applies to all foreigners, except those who are:
1. holders of Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) and Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP)
2. holders of Diplomatic Visa (Visa Diplomatik) and Service Visa (Visa Dinas)
3. holders of Diplomatic Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Diplomatik) and Service Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Dinas)
4. aid and support staff for medical, food and humanitarian reasons
5. transportation crew members
6. working on national strategic project
Although exempt from the temporary ban, the above individuals will only be permitted to enter Indonesia after fulfilling all of the requirements below:
1. The foreigner is able to provide an English-language health certificate issued by the health authorities at the foreigner’s country of origin.
2. The foreigner has been in a region or country that is free of Covid-19 for 14 days before arrival in Indonesia.
3. The foreigner signs a statement of willingness to be under a 14-day quarantine under the Indonesian government.
The following foreigners, who are already in Indonesia, will be granted automatic emergency stay permits without having to process an application to the Indonesian immigration authorities:
1. holders of Visit Stay Permits (Izin Tinggal Kunjungan) that have expired or cannot be extended
2. holders of ITAS or ITAP that have expired or cannot be extended
Regulation 11 revokes the following regulations:
1. Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 7 of 2020 on Granting Visa and Stay Permit in Prevention of the Corona Virus Entry
2. Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 8 of 2020 on Temporary Termination of Visit Visa and Visa on Arrival, as well as the Granting of Forced State Stay Permit