On 4 June 2021, the Philippine National Privacy Commission (NPC) announced that it will be holding off the launch of its eRehistro system1 in order “to make way for a complete solution that integrates all the services related to data privacy compliance.”
Additionally, the NPC has again extended the validity of existing Data Protection Officer (DPO) registrations issued in 2019 and 2020 to 8 March 2022.
In the meantime, the NPC advised that it will continue to accept applications for, and amendments to, DPO registrations through its manual registration process by electronic mail.
Clients covered by the registration requirement are advised to continue to use the NPC’s manual registration process for purposes of registering and or amending its DPO registration with the commission.
Our Firm continues to closely monitor this matter, and we shall provide more updates as they arise. To learn more about eRehistro, please check our previous client alerts:
- Philippines: National Privacy Commission announces new online registration platform and extends validity of DPO registrations to 30 June 2021
- Philippines: eRehistro updates from the National Privacy Commission
- Philippines: More updates on eRehistro from the National Privacy Commission
- Philippines: Latest eRehistro updates from the National Privacy Commission
- Philippines: Understanding the key changes to be introduced by the National Privacy Commission’s eRehistro system
1 The eRehistro system is the NPC’s new online registration and renewal platform for both Phase 1: Data Protection Officer and Phase 2: Data Processing System registrations.