On 22 November 2021, the Ministry of Justice published the latest version of the Draft Decree amending Decree No. 72/2013/ND-CP1 on the management, provision and use of internet services and online information (“Draft Decree“) submitted for its final legal assessment. There is no exact deadline for this round of consultation.
Compared to the previous draft released in July 2021 (“July version“), the Draft Decree has several notable changes, as follows:
- Governing scope now includes data center services.
- New definitions introduced include online game top-up card, community group and online platform.
- The list of prohibited acts (i.e., illegal content on the internet) from the current Decree No. 72 remains unchanged.
- The reference to local office and data localization requirements under Article 26.3 of the Cybersecurity Law and relevant legal documents are removed for offshore service providers.
- New screen time limited at 60 minutes shall be imposed on players 18 years old and younger playing G1 games, and players 16 years old and younger playing G2, G3 or G4 games.
1 Decree No. 72.