The new year, 2022, has officially started with the launch and coming into force of novel legal policies that may impact the operations in general and workforce in particular of enterprises in Vietnam, especially those with foreign employees. The highlights are as follows:
- Adjusted social insurance contribution rates in response to policies for supporting employers and employees during the COVID-19 period
- Newly applied regulations on social insurance for foreigners
- New administrative fines related to gender equality
- New mobility-related rules
- New legal framework and guiding documents for sending Vietnamese employees overseas to work under contract
- Adjusted regulations on working hours and rest hours for employees doing seasonal production jobs or processing goods under orders
- New decree on administrative sanctions for violations in labor and relevant sectors
Enterprises should review these regulations carefully to prepare for full compliance in the upcoming period.
If you would like to discuss the issues concerning these policies and their impact in detail, as well as how our Firm can help your business deal with the immediate effects of these new provisions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We will promptly inform you should there be any further development regarding these matters.
Click here to access full alert.