On 12 October 2022, the “Administration de l’enregistrement, des domaines et de la TVA” (AED) released on its website several documents regarding the AML/CFT supervision of Luxembourg alternative investment funds (AIFs) that are not supervised by the “Commission de surveillance du secteur financier” (CSSF) (“Unregulated AIFs“).
The AED requires Unregulated AIFs to do the following:
- File the “RR/RC identification form“.
- File the “AIF AML/CFT Questionnaire 2021” for the financial year ending in 2021 by the close of business on 12 November 2022 at the latest.
For further information on what this development might mean for you and assistance with completing the required documentation, please get in touch with your usual Baker McKenzie contact.
The following documents regarding the AML/CFT supervision of Unregulated AIFs have been released on the AED’s website:
- An FAQ regarding the RR and the RC
In this FAQ, the AED requires all Unregulated AIFs to appoint the following:
- A person from among the members of their management bodies responsible for compliance with the professional obligations as regards the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing (a “responsable du respect des obligations” or “RR”).
- If the size and nature of the activity so require, a compliance officer at the appropriate hierarchical level (a “responsable du contrôle du respect des obligations” or “RC”).
The FAQ provides additional guidelines and sets forth supplementary requirements in relation to the RR and/or RC appointments.
Unregulated AIFs must return to the AED the duly completed “AIF RC RR Identification Form” with the signed legal documentation (minutes of board meetings or circular resolutions of the governing body of the AIF acting for and on behalf of the AIF) related to any appointment of the RC and/or RR of the Unregulated AIF. The AED pointed out that this form must be transmitted without delay in case of the initial appointment or the replacement of the RC and/or RR.
The AED also invites Unregulated AIFs, through their RR or RC to fill in and transmit the “AIF AML/CFT Questionnaire 2021” for the financial year ending in 2021 by close of business on 12 November 2022 at the latest. A dedicated guide for completion is available on the AED’s website.