National and international public tenders for the geological and feasibility exploration of 11,000 hectares in the Salinas Grandes and Laguna de Guayatayoc basins (“Area“) consisting of seven mining properties, in the province of Jujuy, Argentina, will soon be launched for the eventual development and production of lithium carbonate (“Tender“). The bidding documents are for sale until 28 November 2022 and offers will be opened on 12 December 2022. The Tender is based on a private initiative proceeding initiated by Lithos Desarrollos Energéticos S.A. (“Lithos“), which grants the company preference in consideration of bids.
- The Area to be tendered contains seven mining properties in the center of Jujuy province.
- The Tender is developed within the framework of the Private Initiative Procedure (“Procedure“), where Lithos submitted a project to the state company “Jujuy Energía y Minería Sociedad del Estado” (JEMSE) for the exploration and exploitation of lithium in the area.
- In accordance with the Procedure, Lithos will have a preference in the consideration of the bids made in the Tender when the difference between its bid and the best qualified bid does not exceed 5% of the latter. Furthermore, if the difference between the best qualified bid in the Tender and Lithos’ bid is up to 20% higher, Lithos will have the possibility to improve its bid to have the Area awarded.
Information on the bidding process
- Application authority: JEMSE.
- Date of sale of the tender documents: Until 28 November 2022.
- Submission of tenders: up to 30 minutes before the opening of envelopes.
- Date and time of opening of tenders: 12 December 2022 at 10:30 am.
- Value of the bid: USD 55,000 or its equivalent in Argentine pesos converted at the selling exchange rate of “Banco Nación” the day before the date of payment, plus non-refundable VAT.
- Place of sale, reception of bids and openings: “Espinosa 720 esq. Pasaje Valladolid – Bº Ciudad de Nieva, (4600) San Salvador de Jujuy”.
- Opening hours: 9 am to 1 pm.
Click here to access the Spanish version.