On 7 December 2022, Venezuela established the Tienditas Sub-Customs Office, which oversees imports, exports, and transit as well as the provision of transshipment and postal parcel services for the Tienditas international bridge border area.
Presidential Decree No. 4.752 of 7 December 2022 (“Decree“)1, Venezuela has established a Sub-Customs office for the Tienditas border area. The Decree entered into force upon publication.
In further detail
The Decree establishes the following:
- The creation of the Tienditas Sub-Customs Office. The office is managed by the Main Customs Office of San Antonio del Táchira and is headquartered at the National Center of Border Attention (NCBA).
- Authorization for the sub-customs office to oversee imports, exports, transit, and transshipment and postal parcel services for the Tienditas border area.
- The National Integrated Service of Customs and Tax Administration (SENIAT) will issue the corresponding rulings and execute the corresponding actions to initiate the Tienditas Sub-Customs Office operations.
- The Decree will be executed by the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Foreign Trade together with the Coordinator of the Ureña – San Antonio Border Special Economic Zone.
- The Decree became effective on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
Download the Spanish version.
1. Presidential Decree No. 4.752, Official Gazette No. 42.521 of 7 December 2022.