Upcoming Webinar | Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 14:00 UK / 15:00 Madrid
Join us for our EU Whistleblowing Directive: Local Implementation Update webinar on Wednesday, 29 March 2023 which includes updates on the latest EU employment and compliance developments.
The European Whistleblowing Directive (WBD) was supposed to be implemented by the European Union’s 27 member states by no later than 17th December 2021, impacting employers with operations in those jurisdictions.
One year on from this deadline, despite the European Commission (EC) commencing infringement procedures against those countries that had failed to implement the WBD in January 2022, we are still waiting for 11 EU member states to do so. Whilst legislation is still awaited in a number of jurisdictions, we are now in a much better position to see the challenges the European Whistleblowing Directive poses for global employers.
In our 60-minute “quick hits” format, we will help in-house counsel and legal leaders track what to keep in mind for 2023 in Europe including France, Germany, Italy and Spain, providing practical takeaways to help navigate the new landscape. In addition, we will explore the following:
- Overview of regulatory changes and what actions companies should consider
- Satisfying the internal reporting channel obligation, and how that fits within existing global whistleblowing frameworks
- How can the confidentiality of the identity of a whistleblower be safeguarded
- How should whistleblowing reports be processed and followed up
- What is the scope of the protection of whistleblowers
- Which sanction can be imposed in case of non-compliance
- How to assess privacy issues arising from the EU WBD
Should you wish to explore this further ahead of the webinar, please see our recent publication Baker McKenzie – One Year On: The EU Whistleblowing Directive. The publication includes a link to our recently launched whitepaper EU Whistleblowing Directive: Act Now to make your Whistleblowing Program compliant, which provides further practical insights into WBD compliance, and information on our multijurisdictional analysis matrix solution.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 14:00 UK / 15:00 Madrid and is scheduled to run for up to 60 minutes. If you reside in a different time zone and wish to verify your time – please see timeanddate.com for the time in your location.
We will use Zoom as the presenting platform for this webinar. To register, click on the Register button below and complete the form with your information. Please forward this to any of your colleagues who may be interested.
* This webinar may qualify you for 60 minutes of Professional Development Accreditation. Please check with the relevant body in your jurisdiction.
If you have any questions regarding this webinar series, please contact:
Senior Business Development Manager – EMEA Employment
Events Manager – EMEA