Through Resolution No. 161/2023, published in the official gazette on 4 September 2023, the Agency for Access to Public Information (AAIP for its acronyms in Spanish) created the Program for Transparency and Protection of Personal Data in the Use of Artificial Intelligence (“Program“) and entrusted its execution, monitoring and evaluation to the National Directorates of Evaluation of Transparency Policies and Protection of Personal Data.
The Program was created with the OECD’s Principles on Artificial Intelligence, UNESCO’s Recommendations on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and the recently issued Recommendations for a Reliable Artificial Intelligence in mind.
In general, it aims to promote and reinforce analysis, regulation and state capacities necessary to accompany the development and use of AI, guaranteeing the effective exercise of the rights of citizens in terms of transparency and protection of their personal data.
It has the following specific purposes:
- Investigate the implications of the development of AI from different standpoints (e.g., social, economic and labor)
- Generate good practices, lessons and recommendations in the use of AI
- Promote participatory processes for the creation of AI regulatory proposals
The Program includes three essential components:
- AI Observatory
- Governance and social participation
- Strengthened capacities in transparency and protection of personal data in the use of AI
* * * * *
Thank you to Agustin Gastaldi, Paralegal, for his contribution to this alert.