PE investors need to be attuned to antitrust issues, particularly on the sell side, when investing in technology given the current US Federal Trade Commission’s aggressive approach to enforcement and focus on big tech. National security concerns and data security also loom large. However, PE firms could be at an advantage if they manage deal processes and bidder groups and focus on key deal terms.
Key Talking Points:
- Latest developments impacting firms investing in the technology industry.
- Challenges investors are experiencing as a result of national security concerns.
- The effect data security regulations have on private equity firms targeting tech assets.
- What PE firms can do to navigate changes to cross-border investment restrictions, particularly around tech
- Regulatory concerns affecting acquisitions, exits and deal structures.
- Further developments tech investors can expect.
Download the full PEI Keynote Interview to understand how antitrust, national security and data protection issues are key to PE firms when when executing deals in the technology industry.