On 9 March 2020, the Italian Government enacted a new decree, extending the restrictive measures initially foreseen only for the so-called “Orange Zone” to the entire territory of the Republic of Italy (more information on these measures in our last newsletter here).
Yesterday’s decree also introduced the following, new measures:
- all crowds and gatherings are prohibited everywhere;
- all sports events are suspended and sports facilities are closed;
- other sports can take place outdoors provided that a minimum distance of 1 meter between individuals is met.
The Government also announced that it is currently planning other emergency measures aimed at mitigating economic consequences related to the Covid-19 breakout, such as:
- additional social shock absorbers, with simplified procedures to access the same;
- special measures for parents with children such as baby sitter vouchers and extraordinary parental leaves.