A new Covid19 related decree was enacted on April 1, 2020, that extended a number of measures aimed at preventing the spread of CoVid19 until April 13, 2020.
Under this new decree, all currently suspended commercial and industrial manufacturing activities (click here for more details) will remain closed until April 13, 2020.
Note that the following exceptions apply to the mentioned suspension:
- business activity that is specifically authorized to remain open: the updated list can be found here;
- production chains and “functional” activities, provided that the company has notified the local governmental office (Prefettura) that it will remain open;
- essential public services;
- production, transportation, marketing and delivery of drugs, health technology and medical-surgical devices as well as agricultural and food products or any other activity needed to deal with the Covid19 emergency;
- continuous cycle plants, provided that the company has notified the local governmental office (Prefettura) that it will remain open;
- aerospace and activities related to public security, as well as other strategic activities for the economy, provided that the company has obtained an authorization from the local governmental office (Prefettura) to remain open.