Baker McKenzie’s EMEA Tax Practice Group presented an overview on ‘CG&R Session,’ the ninth in a series of short webinars to keep tax professionals abreast of recent developments in these less than certain times on 29 September 2020.
Companies operating in the consumer goods industry face increasing challenges as consumer spending, production and distribution are considerably impacted by the crisis. Companies across all industry subsectors — from luxury and fashion, food and beverage, cosmetics, consumer durables and electronics, to hotels, resorts and tourism — are facing a number of significant business and tax issues. In this webinar we will discuss business trends and a number of specific tax matters including:
- How the industry faces the crisis and how to engage in a cycle of Resilience, Recovery & Renewal with a particular focus on the renewal of business organizations
- What impact on the industry transfer pricing models, policies being developed and possible solutions for taxpayers
- The tax deductibility matters raised by exceptional costs and donations to NGOs or health institutions
- How the travel restrictions put at risk tax residency of certain entities and possible responses
- An overview of DAC6 timeline and possible delay in implementation of the internal compliance process
View the recorded webinar. Password: CGRWebinar.2020