LATAM has also been hit hard by COVID-19 and in late December 2020 certain countries started administering the first doses of vaccines. The news that a COVID-vaccine is finally becoming a reality presents organizations with the possibility of returning to business as normal. While governments and health organizations are still planning their vaccination programs, with regulatory approvals still pending in most countries, there is uncertainty about the timing, viability and availability of a vaccine. Nevertheless, it is important that LATAM employers are prepared for the possibility of utilizing the vaccine to protect their workforces, promote business continuity, and mitigate health and safety risks of a return to the office.
Five key considerations for LATAM employers:
- the availability of national health programs providing the vaccine
- the ability to require vaccination of employees and third parties
- the permissibility of requiring proof of vaccination of employees
- how to practically implement vaccination policies
- potential risks and liabilities
This is a quickly evolving area. Here’s how we can provide timely support:
- Partner with you to analyze the legal considerations surrounding demanding vaccination of the workforce.
- Provide multijurisdictional vaccination analysis matrixes for the region (or globally) from a single point of contact.
- Draft related policies, notices, and employee consents.
- Monitor any new relevant federal, state and local guidance, and be certain to modify policies and protocols as applicable guidance is issued.