On Saturday, 11 December, Resolution No. 00028-2021-OEFA/CD was published, through which the Environmental Monitoring Report Registration Module was created and the Environmental Monitoring Report Registration procedure (IMA) approved (“Standard“). The IMA Module will serve as the electronic means through which those managed under the Environmental Assessment and Control Agency (OEFA) comply with the delivery of their IMA in accordance with the applicable environmental regulations.
Here are the most relevant issues in relation to the Standard:
- The Standard applies to all holders of taxable activities under the competence of the OEFA.
- The implementation of the IMA module is gradual and phased. By resolution of the OEFA, the list of holders able to enter and use the IMA module for each phase (“Listing“) will be approved by sector according to the following schedule:
|Phase||Date of entitlement|
- If holders are not in the Listing and therefore not able to use the IMA module, they must continue to deliver their IMA through the mechanisms in force.
- From the business day following the publication of the Listing, those included in the Listing will have 90 calendar days to educate themselves on the operation and use of the module and take the corresponding tests. During this period, the use of the IMA module is optional and the OEFA will prioritize guidance and supervision.
- Once the trial period has ended, the holders must use the IMA module, via the following link with their username and password, presenting the following information: (i) the results contained in the IMA; and (ii) the documents issued by the laboratory, such as the IMA, the test report and the chain of custody, among other documents issued by the laboratory.
- Breaching the obligation to use the IMA module and register the respective information through it will be sanctioned based on the classification of violations and the scale of penalties in the industry and, supplementarily, the criminalization of violations and scale of sanctions related to the effectiveness of the audit, approved by Board Resolution No. 042-2013-OEFA/CD.
We trust that this information is useful to you and your company. If you require legal advice on this issue, do not hesitate to contact us.
* * * * *
Estudio Echecopar is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein with member law firms around the world. In accordance with the common terminology used in professional service organizations, reference to a “partner” means a person who is a partner or equivalent in such a law firm. Similarly, reference to an “office”, means an office of any such law firm.
Before you send e-mail to Estudio Echecopar, please be aware that your communications with us through this message will not create a lawyer-client relationship with us. Do not send us any information that you or anyone else considers to be confidential or secret unless we have first agreed to be your lawyer in the matter. Any information you send us before we agree to be your lawyers cannot be protected from disclosure.
@2021 Estudio Echecopar
All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the written permission of Estudio Echecopar.