Upcoming Webinar | 28 September 2022 | 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm GMT +1
Ahead of our participation in COP27 in Sharm El-Sheik, Egypt, in November, we will explore in this webinar how the new mechanisms agreed under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement can play a key role in NDC implementation. Our focus will be on both the opportunities these mechanisms provide and the near-term challenges to accessing these.
Specifically, we will cover:
- How Article 6 can assist in delivering climate finance
- Article 6 as a potential additional tool to wider multilateral climate finance
- Brief overview of Article 6.2 and Article 6.4 mechanisms, including their interface with voluntary carbon markets
- Ability of emerging markets to implement these mechanisms in a way that can channel finance and technology transfer to key areas relevant to an NDC
- Key near-term steps needed to prepare for this
- Perspectives on opportunities and challenges, including the needs of business investors
- What the climate finance needs of emerging markets are to deliver their NDCs
- Importance of significant climate finance for emerging markets
- Needs of Egypt as the host country for COP27 under the updated NDC
Trench Rossi Watanabe and Baker McKenzie have executed a strategic cooperation agreement for consulting on foreign law.