The trend in increased pay equity-related reporting requirements for employers is just one reason more organizations are conducting pay equity audits to identify and correct pay variations between employees who perform similar work. The recently adopted EU Pay Transparency Directive is one more law adding significant reporting obligations for employers, and likely fueling an increase in pay equity audits. But despite their advantages, pay equity audits can be complicated and risky for employers if not conducted carefully — and critically, with guidance from counsel.
In this fifth and final installment of ID&E IMPACT, our Labor and Employment team in the US and UK chat about what’s fueling the trending surge in pay equity audits, the risks and rewards, what organizations should keep top of mind in the pay equity review process, and what employers can expect as a result of the EU Pay Transparency Directive reporting requirement.
Read further to see how our team is helping employers navigate ID&E in the workplace:
- Pay Equity Compliance Compendium Brochure
- Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in the Workplace: Innovative Solutions for Developing, Implementing and Sustaining a Respectful Workforce
Watch our related video chat for more on this topic:
Also, continue reading our blog posts and refer to our helpful checklists and webinar recordings:
- European Union: Equal Pay and the Pay Transparency Directive – more than just transparency (Blog)
- Proposed Expansion of NYC’s Pay Transparency Law Includes Bonuses, Equity Awards and Other “Non-Wage Compensation” (Blog)
- Salary and Pay Range Disclosures in Job Postings: A Quick Guide to What US Employers Need to Know Right Now (Blog)
Catch up on our ID&E IMPACT series where we share quick, practical insights on protecting and progressing ID&E goals in the workplace.
Follow the latest developments affecting US and multinational employers by subscribing to The Employer Report blog. This is where we share practical guidance and updates on the latest domestic and cross-border labor and employment law issues. Also, our video chats from The Employer Rapport are linked on the right-hand side bar of the page, providing quick and punchy discussions from our team on the biggest news you need to know!
You may access all related episodes from The Employer Rapport here.