We are pleased to enclose the June issue of Tax News and Developments, a publication of Baker McKenzie’s North America Tax Practice Group. This month’s edition features Proposed Regulations on Deductibility of Certain Fines and Penalties and Related Information Reporting Retirement Relief Provisions Accessible to More Taxpayers and Recent California State and Local Tax Developments.
In this issue:
- Legislative and Regulatory Update:Should We Brace Ourselves For a Busy August?
- Tax Court Agrees that Settlement Payment is Sale of Partnership Interest and Not Lost Profits
- Rev. Proc. 2020-34: Relief for DSTs Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Proposed Regulations on Deductibility of Certain Fines and Penalties and Related Information Reporting
- Retirement Relief Provisions Accessible to More Taxpayers
- Cameco Corporation: Recharacterization Does Not Mean Ignoring Transactions as Structured by the Taxpayer
- New Mandatory Disclosure Rules in Mexico – “Reportable Schemes”
- High Net Worth Taxpayers FaceIRS Wealth Squad
- A “Manufactured” Attack: Department Takes Aim at Contract Manufacturing and Redrafts the Tax Law in New Draft Regulations
- Recent California State and Local Tax Developments
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy(CEWS) Extension
- DAC6 Update