Mining companies undertaking capital raisings can approach the world’s capital markets in various ways. Through an initial public offering, listing either in its home jurisdiction or cross-border, a mining company can access major global finance hubs and capital from a deep pool of investors around the world.
In addition, an IPO can help a mining company raise its profile with customers, suppliers and the media, as well as providing it with an opportunity to improve internal systems and controls, and increase the general operating efficiency for the business to conform with the regulatory scheme for public companies.
Key business attributes of an IPO-ready company:
- Leading market position, supported by clear and achievable strategic goals for revenue growth and profitability.
- Attractive financial model, with an established quarterly forecast process and reliable financial reporting controls.
- Appropriately skilled, experienced and proven management team. • Robust corporate governance framework.
This guide will provide you with:
- An overview of the key stages of the process, and an indicative timeline.
- A who’s who as regards the IPO deal team.
- Practical tips to help you achieve a successful IPO.
- Key considerations to bear in mind when choosing your listing venue.
- Key issues and listing requirements for mining companies to consider when preparing for an IPO.