Welcome to Baker McKenzie’s Labor and Employment video chat series! In these quick and bite-sized video chats, our employment partners team up with practitioners in various areas of law to discuss the most pressing issues for employers navigating the return to work.
This series builds on our recent client alert and webinar on reopening for US employers. Each Q&A session is less than 15 minutes long and offers targeted insights into the critical questions employers are facing as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please click below to watch the video chats and be sure to let us know if there are additional topics you’d like us to address in the future.
Week 8 (16 July 2020)
- Don’t Get Schooled by Employee Childcare Issues: What You Need to Know about Leave Laws as Schools Struggle with Reopening
Week 7 (9 July 2020)
Week 6 (23 June 2020)
Week 5 (12 June 2020)
- Employment Litigation Predictions in a COVID-19 World: An Insider’s View from the Plaintiff’s Bar
- Employee Expense Reimbursement: Requirements and Trends in a WFH Environment
- Employers: Protect Your Company IP While Employees Work Remotely
Week 4 (5 June 2020)
- How to Think About Moving to Permanently Remote Work
- An Employer Primer on Workshare Programs
- EEOC Guidance: To Keep Employees Home or Not
Week 3 (29 May 2020)
- Trend Watch: The First Wave of COVID-Related Employment Litigation: What’s on the Minds of Employers and Litigators during COVID-19?
- Planning Internships in the Summer of COVID-19
Week 2 (15 May 2020)
- Masks Unmasked — What Employers Need to Know About Face Coverings
- Best Practices for Navigating the Initial Lifting of Shelter-in-Place Orders
- Unique COVID-Related Wage & Hour Issues Employers Need to Know
- Best Practices for Employers with the Rush to Remote Working
- Practical Tips for Conducting RIFS During these Challenging Times
Contacts: Michael Brewer, Joseph Deng, William Dugan, Susan Eandi, Paul Evans, Chris Guldberg, Emily Harbison, Brian Hengesbaugh, Benjamin Ho, Michael Leggieri, Teresa Michaud, Arthur Rooney, Jeffrey Sturgeon, Billie Wenter
Week 1 (7 May 2020)
- US Immigration Considerations During the Pandemic
- Data Privacy Issues Related to COVID-19 Health Questionnaires and Testing
- Prediction: COVID-Related Employment Litigation Trends
- Importance of Paying Attention to Pay Equity During COVID-19
- Key Benefits Questions Around the CARES Act
Contacts: Melissa Allchin, Michael Brewer, Amy de La Lama, Joseph Deng, William Dugan, Susan Eandi, Paul Evans, Mark Goodman, Chris Guldberg, Emily Harbison, Benjamin Ho, Teresa Michaud, Betsy Morgan, Robin Samuel