With a surge in layoffs taking place over the past year, many of those originally hired to diversify the workplace have been impacted, and studies show that inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) professionals have been affected by layoffs at a higher rate than others. The harm? Other than potentially hurting employee morale and sidelining efforts to improve ID&E in the workplace, employers risk exposing themselves to litigation.
In this installment of ID&E IMPACT, our labor and employment team in the US and Canada explore employer concerns including an uptick in discrimination and harassment claims, the proliferation of claims based on pay disparity, bias claims arising from the use of AI in recruitment and hiring, and practical tips to mitigate risk from an ID&E perspective.
Watch our related video chats and a webinar recording for more on this topic:
- ID&E IMPACT: Protecting Against Unintended Discrimination During Layoffs (Video)
- Artificial Intelligence in Recruitment and Hiring: Checking Your Blind Spots (Video)
- Building a Campaign to Improve Inclusion & Diversity in Your Organization (Webinar)
- In Focus: Quick Chats for the Canadian Workplace: Proactive Steps to Address Systemic Discrimination and Inequality in the Workplace (Video)
Read further to see how our team is helping employers navigate ID&E in the workplace:
- Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in the Workplace: Innovative Solutions for Developing, Implementing and Sustaining a Respectful Workforce
Stay tuned and continue watching our ID&E IMPACT series where we share quick, practical insights on protecting and progressing ID&E goals in the workplace.
Follow the latest developments affecting US and multinational employers by subscribing to The Employer Report blog. This is where we share practical guidance and updates on the latest domestic and cross-border labor and employment law issues. Also, our video chats from The Employer Rapport are linked on the right-hand side bar of the page, providing quick and punchy discussions from our team on the biggest news you need to know!
You may access all related episodes from The Employer Rapport here.